Boat and Yacht Seating
Getting tailor made cushions and mattresses for your boat or yacht isn’t one of the easiest tasks. With a lack of companies who can actually provide the foam and ability to cut it to your sizes and shapes the process can seem quite daunting before you have even thought about water proof covers, vents and fixings let alone comfort!
The Foam Shop has produced upholstery and cushions for cruise ships down to rowing boats. Every cushion and cover is tailor made to fit your boat and design specifications.
Here is a look at how the foam shop can help you:
- Cushion Refilling Service
- We can supply new cushions to replace seat and mattress foams that have collapsed and become uncomfortable; also many older types of foam are not fire retardant, so we would be bringing your cushions up to a safer standard. The cushions can be cut to any size or shape, have cut outs, curved or champhered edges to fit the shape of the hull and can be fitted with a stockinette cover and fitted back into your original or new exterior covers. The foam options you have available are high quality and durable foams in soft, medium and firm densities, luxury reflex cushions and mattresses and sandwich mattresses.
- Covering Service
- If you are looking to change your cushion covers to something more practical or hard wearing we have a large range of vinyl’s, chenille’s, velvets, flat weaves and patterned fabrics. The range also includes specialist acrylic canvasses and mattress ticking. We can also fit PVC mesh bottoms to your seats so they can breathe whilst in use.
- Finishing Options
- The overall finish to your boats new look really depends on personal choice and preference.
Options you have available are:
- Rolled edges
- Bull nose fronts
- Piped edges
- Plain seams
- Double piped in the same or contrasting fabrics
- Vents for vinyl cushions to expel air
- Fastenings, including Velcro and ties with press studs
- Polyester wraps, to remove angular edges to your cushions
- Buttoned finish
- How To Order
- The replacement service is easy to get underway. We can make the new cushions from templates, measurements or existing covers where appropriate. Once you have chosen your ideal type of foam you would need to contact us.
Make sure you work from this checklist:
- Have I chosen my foam?
- Am I having new cushions and covers?
- Have I got all the dimensions of the cushions I would like to replace?
- If I’m having new covers have I got the new fabric or do I need to order it from the foam shop?
- Would I like piped or plain edges?
- Do I need zips or fastenings on my cushions?
- Do I have any other special requirements?
* Please note we cannot make new covers up from old foams, the collapsed and out of shape old foams do not give accurate details of the sizes you need. There is no point spending the money to achieve a new look and have the wrong sizes. We highly recommend you start a fresh with new templates and measurements.
To start the rejuvenation to your boat or yacht please contact us today by clicking here